Managing the Secure Disposal of Computer Equipment.
Irrecoverably destroying media to make the recovery of data impossible.
Our decade old Computer recycling service operates throughout Nottingham, covering Schools, Businesses and Charities. We provide a professional, competent service, maintain our own WEEE authorised treatment facility and will take away your WEEE (waste electronics) as well as your old IT equipment. For a low cost one off fee, our service provides:
We operate a data destruction service in accordance with the CPNI(2) "Commercial Best Practises" guidelines. Our processes are designed to adhere to BS EN 15713 (2009)(3) from the point of collection of your media to its transport and destruction.
We provide an ethical service because:
We operate to something called the waste hierarchy, which is key to the sucessful management of waste, diverting much of it back into the supply chain as a resource. In conjunction with this piece of regulation, we ensure our clients remain compliant with current environmental laws, porviding all the necessary paperwork to show that they have transferred their waste computers to a licensed, reputable company.
We're licensed to transport and recycle both Controlled and Hazardous wastes including CRT monitors, uninterruptible power supplies, batteries and TFT screens and have developed our recycling process around "Best Available Treatment,Recycling and Recovery techniques" (BATRRT), a technical guidance document produced by the Environment Agency and DEFRA.
Our experience has taught us that no matter who our clients are, they require some form of sureity. It is our job to provide a guarantee that any media will be securely destroyed and that computer equipment and assoicated asset tags will not be passed onto third parties.
Our reporting procedures are designed to mitigate and protect the interests of our clients and we have developed an internal "chain of custody", with a workflow system that simplifies processes, seperates out media from computer systems and removes the risk of third parties gaining access to confidential information. We itemize every hard disk, tape and cd rom on a spreadsheet as we shred them and send this to our clients once we've completed the work.
IT-Green is the registered trademark of Computer Displays (UK) Limited. Copyright 2013
Notes & References:
1. WAMITAB The Waste Management Industry Training and Advisory Board.
2. CPNI The Center for the Protection of National Infrastructure (UK).
3. BS EN 15713 (2009) Secure destruction of confidential media (including computers and computer related data bearing media). Replaced BS8470 in September 2009
4. CESG Baseline & Enhanced Her Majesty's Government Communications Electronics Security Group, Infosec standards (HMG CESG IS5), Baseline: Single Pass Wipe. Enhanced: Three Pass Binary Wipe. Both completed with verification.
5. The Environmental Permitting: The Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 No. 3538, replaces Waste Management Licensing regulations.
6. BATRRT Guidance on Best Available Treatment Recovery and Recycling Techniques (BATRRT) and treatment of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
7. The Environmental Protection Act 1990 `The Environmental Protection Act 1990 establishes in England, Scotland and Wales businesses' legal responsibilities for the duty of care for waste.